Work and Play – Finding the balance

This is a topic that I personally struggle with when it comes to my development. As someone who wants to be the best at everything she does, the line between too much or too little becomes a little thin and warped. Just when you think you’re doing the right amount of each, something happens and you slump to the ground, and find you’re tired twenty four seven, and you just curl up in your blankets with a tub of ice cream or junk food.

Yeah. We’ve all been there.

So what’s the perfect balance? It’s a hard question to answer, as I believe everyone’s balance is different. There’s no right or wrong in this situation, it’s just about finding the perfect routine for you. And this will involve making mistakes here and there, you’re not going to get it right first time, it comes with trial and error, just like everything else in the world. However if I would suggest anything, it would be this:

Make a MoveĀ – that’s the first thing I suggest doing. Write it down or subconsciously say to yourself, ‘from today I’m going to work harder’ or ‘I’m going to remember to have fun today, be a little more easy’. If life was just for work we’d all be mindless drones, no better than a computer with no emotions. Either way, make a decision. If you’re struggling and you can’t tell which one you’re missing out on, then just make a subconscious note to track what you do during the day – whether you spend no time relaxing at all, or if you don’t work at all – and then go from there.

Routine – One you’ve worked out which one you’re lacking – ‘work or play’ – then you can set in place a structure of movements that gets the ball rolling and changes the way you live. It’s a hard thing to do, it involves changing your mindset and attitudes, probably being more positive and kind to yourself, and definitely being strict with yourself. Remember, don’t be too strict though. If you want to be the type of person who works 80% of the day and the other 20% is for relaxing and playing, then be that type of person – if it works for you, and that’s a good balance.

Also remember, everyone is different, so their balances are different. If an 80/20 balance works for you, but someone else is doing 50/50, don’t judge them for it, just politely nod and move on with your day.

Everybody is different.

Speaking of balances, I definitely haven’t got mine right, as once again I’m writing this late at night, and I’m pretty damn tired. So apologies for any typos and if I’m not making sense in the slightest.

Until next time, catch ya later Bromigo’s x.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s